After the marriage of convenience and subsequent divorce with Microsoft, Nokia is coming out slowly through a new licensee HMD Global of China.
The Nokia X 6 is the beginning of it.
X 6 is with
- A notched 5.8-inch screen
- 2280 x 1080 display with 19:9 aspect ratio with a Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protective layer.
- Snapdragon 636 SoC (system-on-chip),
- 4GB RAM, 6GB of RAM for higher ends
- 32 or 64GB of internal storage.
- Android 8.1 Oreo build.
- Back mounted fingerprint sensors and
- Two cameras
- Notch design
For the first time Nokia X6 will be 95 percent screen with metal frames that come in blue, black, and silver variants.
The cameras deploy usual suite of phone AI trickery, like background blur and face recognition.
On the front a front-facing 16-megapixel sensor with f/2.0 aperture (face unlock included).
On the back, there’s another f/2.0 16MP sensor, paired with a smaller 5-megapixel monochrome sensor with f/2.2 lens. Both the cameras have the AI features, like background blur and face recognition.
The notched phone will be available from May 21st in China, starting at $204 for the entry-level 4GB / 32GB model. The midrange 4GB / 64GB version will go for $236 whiles the top-tier Nokia X6 (6GB / 64GB) will retail for $266. There is no announcement of the phone in other geographical locations.