In the crowded smartphone arena Sony announced its Xperia XA2 Plus, a phone to ‘entertain’
Sony is taking a different approach as it introduced its Xperia XA2 Plus, a phone “designed to entertain.” Incidentally the USP of entertainment is not well defined anywhere as of now. However XA2 plus shall be with
- A 6-inch Full HD+ display with an 18:9 aspect ratio.
- The device has rounded screen corners and still includes bezels (most people expect their entertainment-oriented phone to be virtually bezel-less. But for a midrange device, this is acceptable. It looks like it also includes a headphone jack, which is by far the most user-friendly feature Sony could offer to people who watch things on the go.
- Under the hood it has Qualcomm Snapdragon 630 processor (Supports Qualcomm Quick Charge with USB-C)
- Either 3GB RAM and 32GB storage, or 6GB RAM with 64GB storage
- 23-megapixel rear-facing camera with 4K video recording and 120 fps slow-motion records
- 8-megapixel, super wide-angle front-facing camera
- It runs Android 8.0
- Rear fingerprint sensor
- Available in silver, black, gold, and green
Latest Tech News Smartphones – Sony upgrades phone line with slight display tweaks
Going by the XA1 Plus pricing, the XA2 should be in the $400 bracket.
This phone seems good for streaming. Looks like Sony is trying to make upgrades to this phone line with slight display tweaks (last year’s XA1 Plus included a 5.5-inch display versus 6-inch) and a better processor with the option for more RAM and storage. Hopefully XA2 should be better than its predecessor.