LG is determined to challenge Samsung and apple head on. They had teething trouble with their flagship mobile LGV30 with the OLED display. But LG Is not deterrent as they came forward with an updated version named LG V30S ThinQ.
The RAM has a major update from 4 to 6GB. The internal storage is shot up from 64/128GB to 128/256GB. LG realised the colours does matter and came up with two new colours, Moroccan Blue” Platinum Grey. The fingerprint sensor is reliable in the new avatar as well.
However the display (6-inch P-OLED -plastic OLED), Snapdragon 835 processor; 16-megapixel + 13-megapixel dual camera set-up etc. remain unchanged. However, LG 30 S ThinQ can boast of few unique things like software with new AI algorithm capabilities. The AI assisted photography can do wonders like :
- Bright Mode: enabling to brighten photos (by lowering megapixel count so the lens can focus more on light information) automatically in low light situations.
- QLens: this is Similar to Samsung’s Bixby Vision, this mode scans an object, then pull up related image search or Amazon links to buy the product
- Scene recognition: The V30S’s camera can now recognize different scenes and objects such as food, flowers, or buildings within a couple of seconds. This AICAM utility is a great advancement.
- Wide-angle lens: capturing entire scenes from unique angles
V30S ThinQ has Voice AI to work with Google to incorporate Google Assistant.
The IP68 rated handset features a
- dual rear camera system composed of a 16-megapixel standard angle camera
- 13-megapixel wide angle lens.
- 5-megapixel wide-angle, front-facing camera.
- 3,300mAh battery.
The operating system of LG V30S is the latest Android 8.0 Oreo. Since the updates are not significant, the V30users need not upgrade. LG’s taking up the challenge in a cut-throat market segment with confidence is worth appreciating
LG V30S ThinQ Specs :
|Specs||LG V30S ThinQ|
|Display||6-inch QHD+ (2880 x 1440) 18:9|
|System-on-Chip||Qualcomm Snapdragon 835|
|Storage||128GB/256GB + microSD card slot (up to 2TB)|
|Sound||32-bit Quad DAC, MQA audio decoding|
|Rear Camera||16MP f/1.6 + 13MP f/1.9 wide-angle|
|Battery Capacity||3,300 mAh|
|Quick Charging||Qualcomm QuickCharge 3.0|
|Misc.||Vision AI and Voice AI|